Earth has had the misfortune to find itself in the crosshairs of an invasion by aliens from another dimension. Creatures known as Starbane rip passages through space to arrive here and fulfil their unknowable objectives. Frequently, this involves an indiscriminate extermination of a given area, and humans are not excluded from these attacks.
But every cloud has a silver lining, and another trans-dimensional visitor calling itself The Familiar has come to help. It can form contracts with individuals, and through them, uplift humanity as a whole to stand against the Starbane threat. Because of The Familiar’s help, humanity has prospered despite the relentless attacks of the enemy.
Donna is just another student headed to a camping trip organised by her school for the holidays. There, she will deal with the typical woes of a girl on such a trip. These woes include getting grouped with people she has never talked to before, mysteriously losing her diary, coming second place to her more attractive groupmates, and finding herself far from help when the Starbane casts a veil over Camp Elysium Lux.
[Participant in the Novelpie Writathon]
- 06 Drawn, But Not Quartered September 2, 2023
- 05 There’s A Pyromaniac Lighting Up The Forest September 2, 2023
- 04 We Judge Not The Whole Of You, And Embrace Thy Soul September 2, 2023
- 03 Some People Can Be So Pushy September 2, 2023
- 02 Be Careful Where You Hide Your Diary September 2, 2023
- 01 To Find Elysium, Take A Bus September 2, 2023